Long live us - bloggers!

3 comments - Post a comment

This post is ridiculously behind time, but I wanted to say thank you to the organisers of the Irish Blog Awards. The post is late due to the fact that I've been ill recently, nonetheless I managed to hobble my way through to Alexander hotel and in case you heard somebody coughing in the very back of the hall for about two hours, that was me and I wasn't protesting.

Of course, I didn't win anything, not when some real journalists from The Irish Times are rivalling me. Congratulations to all who won, congratulations to all who participated and to all who make the blogosphere alive and thriving in Ireland. I have to admit I didn't know half of the blogs that were talked about and it's a shame - that's what happens when there's no internet access at work. Information void.

On the other hand, it was odd to get out of cyberia into reality. If Lithuanian blog awards tend to focus on the analysis and improvement of the blogosphere, Irish Blog Awards seemed like a good party and a celebration of blogging. So Irish, when you think... I wasn't in my Sunday best because I felt like shit on that evening - struggling with the cold and awful backache - but the blokes were drop-dead-gorgeous, they looked nothing like stereotypical IT geeks (or maybe my fever should be blamed) and the girls were just as dazzling. Whoever is combing Dublin pubs and bars for hotties should go blogging.

Unfortunately it wasn't my night and I didn't even get drunk. So here I am on my own in cyberia again, desperately waiting for the second chance. Do you guys ever do some kind of meets?

 
This Post has 3 Comments Add your own!
Anonymous - March 10, 2008 at 6:31 AM

You did win. You won by being accepted as eligible for the category at a time when your only work was in the wine shop. The blogging community recognised you as a journalist - something I doubt the print media would do.

No, I don't know of any other blogger-meets, but the best place to hear about them would be Mulley's blog.

Anonymous - March 11, 2008 at 6:21 AM

UPDATE: A blogger-meet is in the planning. As I reckoned, the info came from Mulley's blog.

Lina - March 13, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Thanks, Primal!

Post a Comment