Dublin mouse in my house

5 comments - Post a comment



I am at war. BIG TIME. Even though I got that plug that you stick in the socket and it makes the ultrasound that should discourage the mice from nesting and sticking their filthy nose into my private 150 or so square feet, the little fucker came back yesterday and, contrary to the first encounter, halted for a while, looked into the direction of the plug and me and rushed back into the gap between the stove and the sink.

So I got the traps today and bought a can of tuna - apparently the mice learned to nick the cheese without getting trapped (forget cartoons) as the cheese dries quickly, therefore something pasty works better. Bite the dust!

 
This Post has 5 Comments Add your own!
Anonymous - July 24, 2008 at 6:18 AM

I recommend the rind of a rasher. The mice love it and it's toughness means they have to pull hard on it and are guaranteed to get clamped.

Lina - July 24, 2008 at 10:25 PM

:) you seem to be acquainted with them too Primal

Anonymous - July 25, 2008 at 5:16 AM

Where I live I am surrounded by farmland and woods. As winter sets in each year the field mice try sneak into my house for shelter. The ones that get past the cat and dog get trapped by me.

Funny, the cat shows no interest in the ones I catch. I guess he just prefers free range.

Christophe - July 25, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I just use jam, works well...

Managed to sort out a family 2/3 years ago when I was renting off a mate, nothing better than wandering bleary eyed down the stairs and seeing the little arse dash underneath the fire place...

Oh, and of course, the traps don't always fully work. So be prepared to finish them off with a shoe or something if needs be...

Lina - July 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM

No sign of them for three days yet, maybe that plug is working. In case it gets trapped, it can rot for a few days as I am going away for 5 days :) Nice present for the landlord.

Post a Comment