Twink gets Lithuanian beer on air!

4 comments - Post a comment

Since it looks like Sean Moncrieff (I still find his voice very unradio) is on holidays, the air belongs to Adele King aka Twink aka a woman behind this. Well, you Irish should know this story well enough, I only learned about the "you fat, bald middle aged dickhead" phonecall yesterday.

Despite all the feelings we might have for the woman, on a Friday afternoon, as I was buying a baguette, a tomato and "Magnum" ice cream in the "Spar" next door, I happened to overhear that they are talking about Lithuanian beer in "MOVIES AND BOOZE SLOT". As a matter of fact, even two of them - "Švyturys" [pronounce a la Shveatoorease] and "Utenos" [pronounced rather like Ootenos than Youtenos].

I have no idea how they pick the booze to be reviewed. Needless to say, I was delighted... For those who are not familiar - the beers above are similar to a good German lager. Proper beer as I say :) Let's say Pilsner vs Miller or Heineken vs Coors. You get the idea...

As far as I know, "O'Briens" stocks some of these, otherwise you can find it in "Whealans' Off Licence" and obviously in Lithuanian or Polish shops in town. The only drawback in the latter shops - the sales people there don't seem to be very friendly... On the other hand, when you have so many nationalities coming to a shop like this it is puzzling to pick a greeting or a farewell in a right language...

PS
It is time for Twink to look up at the map of Europe - "Staropramen" is not a Czechoslovakian beer. This country does not exist as of 1st January 1993. "Staropramen" is Czech.

 
This Post has 4 Comments Add your own!
Anonymous - August 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM

All the new beer coming into Ireland means we now have variety the likes of which we have never seen before. Which is a good thing :)

My personal favourite is a Polish beer called Lech that is now available in almost every off-licence in my town. Of course I have to pick a Polish beer as my partner is Polish ;)

Rrezja journal - August 14, 2007 at 2:45 PM

nice blog, i like it

Lina - August 14, 2007 at 10:30 PM

thanks, Rrezja!

Harold F - April 10, 2022 at 9:30 AM

I enjoyedd reading this

Post a Comment